Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas from the farmer's house.

I hope you took time today to celebrate the birth of the Saviour of the World.

The Saviour of the World

W.Y. Fullerton, 1857-1932 sung to an old Irish melody

I cannot tell why He whom angels worship,
Should set His love upon the sons of men,
Or, why, as Shepherd, He should seek the wand-'rers,
To bring them back, they know not how or when:
but this I know, that Christ was born of Mary,
when Bethl'hems manger was His only home,
And that He lived at Nazareth and labored,
And so the Saviour, Saviour of the world, is come.



We had a rather different Christmas this year.

In case you were unaware the mid-west is engulfed by a large and lingering winter storm. It has been precipitating in one form of another since late Monday/early Tuesday, and probably won't quit until afternoon tomorrow. I'm sure we've had at least 8 to 10 inches of snow and it is snowing now. It rained all afternoon on Thursday. Now the temp has dropped into the middle teens, and the slushy snow and ice have frozen hard.

So we did not travel to either side of the families homes, rather we stayed here by the fire, where it's warm and cozy, just the immediate family. We had ham and baked potatoes for dinner with green bean casserole and frozen sweet corn. I spent some time out in my shop working on the project I am supposed to be giving my dad for Christmas. It's not quite done, but I have started the painting phase. But some primer on this afternoon.

Again Merry Christmas, God bless all of you.