Thursday, December 11, 2008

Faith in the White House

I have been very critical of the current President, I never voted for him and I have made personal friends very unhappy with me for some of the comments I have made about him. If you are one of the offended, I'm genuinely sorry, not for what I said, or that you were offended, but that you were gullible enough, so tied to the Repugnant party, and so spiritually undiscerning that you allowed your self to be sucked into the web of distortions and innuendo that was used to portray GWB as a christian.

The man is a Biblically illiterate, "christian in name only", who neither understands the God of the Bible, nor believes in the true God of the Bible. Christianity is not a philosophy, contrary to what Bush said way back in the primaries prior to the 2000 election.

And anyone who claims that Muslims and the Taliban pray to the same God that Christians do, is delusional.


1 Corinthians 8:6
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him

Ephesians 4:6
One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

James 2:19
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.


And if the Bible is not literally true, then what parts are false?? What parts do you believe sir and why?? Is the Bible like a smorgasbord, sir, take the things you want, and the rest you throw out with the trash?

II Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Hey, George, what part of all, don't you understand?

And since when has the theory of evolution been proved? If that's the case, I assume you also believe in global warming. Dimwit!!

*********************************************************************************************


The following is a loose transcript of the conversation on Nightline between Jorge the Younger Shrub, and Cynthia McFadden.

It is possible to view the interview on the web. The transcript leaves on the interviewers questions, in particular she mentions Muslims and the Taliban in the question about who he prays to.

Faith in the White House

The private religious life of a president has always garnered public interest. As President-elect Obama prepares to take his place in the White House, many are wondering which church he will choose to attend in Washington, D.C.

Like his father, Bush is a member of St. John's Episcopal Church in Washington and often attends services at Camp David. He told McFadden that he prays in the Oval Office and said that faith "has made a great difference in my life."

"There is a sense of calm in the Oval Office, where there are obviously a lot of dramatic moments and a lot of, you know, pressure, but there is calm in the Oval Office," Bush said. "People say, 'But how do you know that it's because of prayer?' And I guess the answer is because of faith is how I know -- I can't prove it for you. People, you know, say it's just a crutch. For me, it's not a crutch, for me it's the realization of a power of a universal God and recognition that the God came manifested in human and then died for sins. Now, all of this was hard for me to understand for a period of time and I am still trying to understand as best as my human mind can possibly do so. But in the understanding and in the search and in the quest, I find comfort and strength."

When asked if he thinks that he prays to the same God as those with different beliefs, Bush said, "I do."

"I do believe there is an Almighty that is broad and big enough and loving enough that can encompass a lot of people," Bush said, but he drew a distinction when it comes to those who perpetrate terror.

"I think anyone who murders to achieve their religious objective is not a religious person," he said. "They may think they're religious, and they play like they're religious, but I don't think they're religious. They are not praying to the God I pray to ... the god of peace and love."

When asked if he believes the Bible is literally true, the president said that he's "not a literalist" when it comes to reading the Bible, but rather focuses on the important lessons he believes the Bible teaches.

As for whether one can believe in the Bible and believe in evolution, Bush said he does, adding that "I happen to believe that evolution doesn't fully explain the mystery of life.

"I think that God created the Earth, created the world," he said. "I think the creation of the world is so mysterious it requires something as large as an almighty, and I don't think it's incompatible with the scientific proof that there is evolution."


************************************************************************************************

If you voted for this fool, you should fall on your face before God and ask His forgiveness for voting this man into office.

One consolation, God is sovereign, so even though you acted the fool, and supported this irrational, "christian in name only", God had some reason for allowing him to be our President. I would guess to test the discernment of those who claim the name of Christ. And to punish this nation by using GWB and his irrationality, to destroy the economy of the United States of America.


An Addendum:



It seems that I'm not the only one appalled by Jorge's confessions of disbelief.

Here's an article calling out the "Religious Right" for their support of Jorge the Younger Shrub.

Chuck Baldwin